Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lies and untruth


Okay, not directly, but I mentioned that I wouldn't be posting to this site until it was moved to my new domain. So I suppose I was merely misguided. Regardless, here I am with a pretty minor update....

I just thought I should make a post regarding perception. It's interesting to me how I see myself versus anyone else that I know. For instance, I've never considered myself to be "government," but I'm sure that everyone else would sit in the polar opposite category. What I mean is, any time that I refer to government I always use it in the third person: "The Department should do this..." "Government needs to do that..." "People in .gov need to consider the following..." Every single time. I've never once used the terms, "we," "us," "our," when referring to our department as a whole. I just don't like considering myself to be part of the system.

I don't know if this revelation changes anything, more than likely not.

I doubt that most people I know will ever consider me as not being "the government," until I actually leave for other employ. And I doubt that I'll ever change my thinking regarding government: What I love is the awesome opportunities for change; what I absolutely abhor and can not stand is the utter and complete unwillingness to embrace that change.

I think in the end that I'm happier keeping myself outside and above the system, if nowhere else but in my mind. ;)

No comments: