Thursday, April 24, 2008

Migrations

I'm currently working on an upgrade to my personal site and moving over to using Word Press. I use the word "upgrade" because "redesign" doesn't really do it justice.

It's a total overhaul actually: new design, new brand, new company, new software....new domain! Crazy amount of detail to keep up with because I have to make sure nothing goes awry with the domain changeover from Columbia cLAN. That was a great experience and experiment with the local gaming community and many times I miss those gaming sessions with the peeps.

I'm also still trying to get my work integrated into my Basecamp site and working on a redesign for the Legit Reviews site. Redesign and potential rebranding there, not even counting that he's moving the entire site over to Drupal so that's going to be fun to work with. Busy, busy, busy, busy, BUSY!!...but it's still a good time. If you haven't checked out the great work that 37signals is doing for online project management, get thee over there and have a look. ;)

One of the great things about working in web development is that I may not particularly enjoy the organization that I work for (mostly office politics and what-not), but I still absolutely love the work that I do. I find it awesome and very fulfilling to work with such new technology and in an industry that's constantly changing. So many new tools are introduced all the time and it's still a great field to be involved in.

Just wanted to post a heads-up that the blog will be moving over to the new domain soon. I still have the project on-deck in Basecamp. Sadly, my timefram has moved to May rather than April. The flu really knocked our entire family around and pushed my deadlines around a bit and the LegitReviews projects got my freelance attention for the time being.

No comments: